8.25.2005


It was with this picture that I realized instinct had kicked in. When without much thought or planning I knew this was a shot I wanted to have. I don't think any amount of technical knowledge can give you the instinct to capture life. I had been focusing so much on function and technical skill in the weeks before, it felt good to capture this shot naturally without thinking.

ammendment:
I just re-read this post and realized how pretentious it may sound to people who don't know me. I am a 50/50 personality type, 50% analytical(technical) 50% imaginative(creative). It makes for an interesting dynamic when analyzing my creative thoughts and putting them into words and vice versa. I only intend to express my feelings on my photography. I understand I still have a long way to go before I'm great, but I observe and analyze my progression to better understand my growth. That is the only way it makes sense to me.

If after that explanation, you still gather that I am obstentacious, arrogant or pretentious... make like a group of seagalls and go flock yourself and add crude to the list. J/K (sorry Mom if you are reading this)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home