9.27.2005

The Drama of Black & White




I find it intriguing how the absence of color can change the feeling of a photograph. To take away color, that would technically help better define an image, is to enhance the drama or character of it. I am usually drawn to the crisp colors and sharply detailed images birthed by digital advances and enhancement, but have rarely come across any of those that evoke emotion like so of good B&Ws. There might be a metaphor for life wrapped somewhere in that observation.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

Wow, It sure was easy and fun leaving a comment! I think I will do this more often to show Chris my support for his chosen craft. Alright Chris, keep up the good work, you sexy beautiful man!

Tue Sep 27, 08:21:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Love the black and whites! They truly capture a person's soul. Love your shots. And your comment is too funny!!

Thu Sep 29, 07:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home