12.05.2005

Big Sloppy Kisses and Bone Crunching Bear Hugs

Thanks to all of my family and friends who have lent themselves to the purchase of my new dSLR. I honestly am overwhelmed with gratitude as I was a bit worried that I may not be able to purchase anything until next year. My grandmother, mother, dad, aunt, best friend, and wife, I thank you, not just for your monetary contributions but for believing in my dreams enough to offer them.
Yes, the Nikon D200 is shaping up to be an excellent investment choice. I used the F100 Nikon film slr this sunday and, WOW!, I loved everything about the system(short of not being able to instantly see my shots and being limited too 36 exposures per roll) It is differnt than what I am used to with Canon and I actually prefer the Nikon system hands down. A big plus is that my school uses the Nikon system so I will have a nice supply of lenses at my disposal.

With a camera body decided on, my biggest focus has been on lens research. There is so much that goes into building a lens, I have become absolutely fascinated. I guess in moving away from concerning myself about the actual camera body, I have opened up a whole new world within photography to obsess and learn about. In fact, the more I have explored into photography the more I have found there is to know.

I am going to pull away from photography for the next few weeks, though. It is mentalling crippling me to not be shooting. I figure this is a direct result of saturating my brain with all things photographic. I am going to learn spanish, using Roseta Stone language software. During my interim without a camera it will be nice to apply my new found focus toward another goal. So, for the next 3 weeks or so, I will immerse myself in learning a new language and once the camera arrives hopefully I know a good bit of spanish.

I will have my photos developed today and scanned so i can share them. Again, thanks to all of you for love and support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home